Health & Safety
At Stewart Milne Group, whether you are a subcontractor or employee, we are all one team, and safety is everyone's responsibility, from the boardroom to the shop floor - no exceptions. We all choose to work safe - even when nobody is looking.
The company has achieved an award-winning safety culture by encouraging colleagues at all levels to take ownership for safe working.
We achieve this by:
- Making our industry-leading Health and Safety behaviour program 'Choose Safe' mandatory for all employees and sub-contractors - over 1400 employees and subcontractors have attended the course to date
- Empowering employees to 'stop the job' if they see unsafe working practices
- Winning UK renowned awards for commitment to Health and Safety - such as the RoSPA president’s award
- Working with HSE and House Building trade bodies (RoSPA, NHBC, SHB, IOSH, Structural Timber Federation and Grampian Occupational Health and Safety Group)
- Achieving ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Standards
- Continuously updating our internal processes to strive towards zero accidents in the workplace
At Stewart Milne Group Safety is driven from the top, and one of our core values simply states that working safely is a condition of employment." Greg Johnston, HSEQ Director.